BCSD is pleased to be opening a new multi-purpose building in the Fall of 2023, which will be located at 215 W. 8th Street, Boone, Iowa. The multi-purpose building will house Futures (our alternative education center), our Toreador Food Pantry and our Homeschool Program. In addition to these programs, there will be a half-gym to be used by our students during the day, as well as for practice purposes in the evening. This space will be available for rent, just like our other school spaces (gyms, commons areas) throughout the district.
The design work on this project is also complete, construction is underway, and it is time to name this building! Recommended names should align to the following criteria:
1) Shall not be in the name of a person
2) Shall not be a direction or be directional
3) Shall not be an animal
4) Shall consider whether initials or shortened version of the name have other meanings
5) Shall not be like or easily confused with area schools or school buildings
6) Shall be reflective of the community and represent BCSD excellence and The Toreador Way
7) Shall be culturally sensitive.
(Example: A suggestion might be Boone Odyssey, because the building will house two different ways to explore education. Odyssey, by definition, means intellectual quest.)
The Naming Committee will consider all suggestions that follow the stated criteria, narrowing down to a final recommendation to present to the Board in August. All submissions must be received by July 12, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. for consideration. Feel free to share this link with others to provide more opportunities for input. Thank you, in advance, for your thoughtful submissions!